Monday, October 25, 2010

One week before leaving

Hotels are booked.  Paying a little more in room charges than I wanted, but oh well.  A cheaper hotel would have been a further walk to the MRT, so I figured centrally located would be better.  Especially as the price difference wasn't that great and if you ended up taking a taxi somewhere, there is your price difference.  We are staying at Caesar Park in Taipei and Shangri La in Tainan. 

I went and requested some Taiwan currency from my bank today, I should get it tomorrow or the next day.  I didn't want to deal with exchanging currency as soon as I got to Taiwan.

5 comments:

  1. I know you must be so excited! :) Can't wait to hear about Ceasar Park. I am beginning to think we might stay there or the Agora when we go back someday for a girl! (IN JESUS NAME and not anytime soon!) I so loved going. I can't wait to follow your journy! POST ALOT while there :)

    big hugs
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me about the money! I need to get some currency. Do you think it will be hot still or can I bring the cute fall outfits for her? (We are a week behind you).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather is cooling done by Taiwan standards, I believe. It will still be warm for us as we are used to 55 degrees or so. Check out http://www.cwb.gov.tw/eng/index.htm
    which is the central weather bureau for Taiwan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When do you guys return? Regarding the taxes - it will be interesting to see if we need them. We are bringing our laptops which have them all on them just in case. What about state adoption laws? I can't wait--- only one week for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went to Taiwan at this exact time last year and the weather changed dramatically from day to day. One day is was raining, another day is was like a heatwave, another day it was cold, so you may want to bring layers that you can peel off or on as the weather changes. And bring your tax papers just in case because we were asked to provide them at AIT.

    ReplyDelete